Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 40 - Fifth Week

After a great week at home with my family and friends, I am headed back to Belgium Monday.  While in the states, i picked up a new pair of shoes, Adidas Glide.  Should be a nice change from the four pairs of Brooks Glycerines I had been in for the past year.

Adidas Glide


Sunday 29 September

Sunday's Run
My SIL Ashley and I ran a giant loop around Bloomington today.  It was also POURING rain for nearly all of our run.  We basically decided that we would still run because the weather on the day of the Monumental half could very well be exactly what today was like.  Solid pace through a difficult (hilly) course with rain.  New shoes worked out awesomely and i tried to keep from stepping in any huge puddles.  My shorts, hat, socks and shirt were COMPLETELY soaked and waterlogged.  At least some good practice and Ashely made for good running company.  Hopefully my legs won't be too sore so that on the cramped flight i won't need to stretch out too much.  Grade A.

Monday 30 September

This was my last run in the states for a while.  Just ran around the neighborhood with Oly.  Recovery run.  Grade A.

Tuesday 1 October

Ran around the Hasselt ring in a attempt to eliminate or reduce jet lag.  Felt pretty good running it and got my pace under 6:00 min/km.  Grade A.

Wednesday 2 October

Got up at a normal time so my jet lag seems to have been defeated by the run yesterday.  Ran around the ring nice and easy before heading into work.  Grade A.

Thursday 3 October

Felt like groundhog's day - same run as yesterday morning, but much faster this time at 5:39 min/km.  Grade A.
  

Friday 4 October

I drove to Kaldenkirchen, Germany to revisit where i studied for a month in high school and see my host brother Axel and his family.  I got in to Germany after dark so Axel accompanied me on his bike and we did a quick 2k around the neighborhood.  While running, i saw a lighted sign of my Lieblingsbier - Diebels alt.  Grade B+.

Me, Axel und Diebels alt.


Saturday 5 October

Axel again accompanied me on my run from his bike and took my on a slightly longer route.  Could actually see the Netherlands from where we were.  It was humid out and we had a great time being out.  Nice slow pace above 6 min/km.  Grade B.
 

Distance Recap

I had targeted 40 km this past week.  Short by 8 km at 32km for the week.  My long run with Ashley was great but the travel did take it's toll on me this week.  Nevertheless, i got to see Axel and his family, who i had not seen in 18 years, and it was well worth the trip to see him.

Headed to Ireland this week and hoping to get a good Dublin city or park run in while I am there.  Have a feeling i will also be doing some treadmill runs on Monday and Wednesday (airplane travel days).  Won't have much distance or effort on Friday the 11th or Saturday the 12th as I have a race on the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment